Friday, February 27, 2009

Safety First

As some of you intrepid readers are learning, I actively follow some other real-estate related blogs, including SM Distress Monitor and Westside Bubble. Both of them do a very good job of keeping comments and conversations on track.

Inevitably, any converstion about housing in LA starts reaching into the areas of crime and homelessness. I'm generally going to stay away from those topics on this blog, since I think it results in flame wars in the comments section.

However, I do recognize that it's a consideration when purchasing (or renting) a place.

WeHo News has frequent links to the WeHo Sheriff's crime blotter, and you can directly access a map at the WeHo Sheriff's site that shows incidents of crime.

That's about the most I'll touch on that subject. Back to properties!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to cyberspace - I am truly impressed with your blog's professional approach.
It's easily the best blog on local Real estate I've run across.
I'll be watching closely for material I might be able to use in WeHo News (with your permission, of course).
Please drop an E mail to me at editor@wehonews.com and introduce yourself.
yours, Ryan Gierach

WeHo Homes said...

Ryan, thanks for noticing. I dropped you a personal email.